Now that my sweet boy is officially done with breastfeeding, I thought I would share my thoughts on a couple of items that have helped me tremendously! When I went into breastfeeding for the first time, I had no clue on what to get or how to make it easier. I just pretty much went with the flow and whatever worked just worked. Breastfeeding can be a beautiful yet daunting experience. Sometimes there were days that I was like kid get off my tit! As much as I loved the bonding time, I’m glad it’s done. So here are some items that made the process way easier for me. These are the Breastfeeding Essentials that helps:1. Scarf | When I breastfed in public I found this scarf to be really helpful. It covered me up pretty well and I was able to use it as a scarf after. Win, Win!
2. Lansinoh Nipple Cream | I used this before and after each session and my nipples stopped cracking. I stopped it around the 2nd month so don’t buy more than one or two tubes because you might not need it for that long.
3. Water Bottle | Any will do, but get one and carry it around with you because breastfeeding moms need a lot of water.
4. Medella Bags | Out of all the breastmilk bags I found these to be the sturdiest with the right amount of oz. I loved how they closed lock tight. They come with new attachments in each box for my pump which was great too.
5. Lansinoh TheraPearl | These will help sooth your breast when they are hot and cracking at the beginning. Nothing is more painful and uncomfortable than cracked boobs when a baby is feeding on them. Trust me, use this!
6. Nursing Bra | I used this bra and it was amazing and to the point. Very light weight, snug, and soft. Great for the price and they last very long.
7. Lansinoh Disposable Pads | Omg, I didn’t know how much your breast could leak at the beginning, I used these all day, every day and they were the best! They never leaked through and you just toss them out. I know they have washable versions and I tried them but you need to have a lot because once they’re soaked you have to wash and dry, and really I didn’t have time for that. I preferred just throwing them out. Now if you want to save some of that breast milk I would try Milkie Savers. I didn’t get to try it, but the reviews are awesome, I wish I’ve seen this when I was in the process of breastfeeding.
8. Electric Breast Pump | Although an obvious one, get it! Make sure to get a double, it will save you sooooo much time.
There are so many breastfeeding items to buy but these are the staples that helped me through it and got the job done.
Leave a Reply